This course is designed for Providers in the State of Maryland wanting to gain knowledge about Buprenorphine Maintenance Treatment (BMT) as medication-assisted treatment for individuals with opioid dependence.
After completion of this 4 hour course, the Provider will be able to:
- Define Buprenorphine and its usages.
- Complete an initial screening evaluation for new intakes
- Conduct a follow up interview for:
- Week 1
- Week 2
- Monthly evaluation
- Understand how to complete an Induction Assessment and Complete Assessment.
- Learn the various types of pharmacologic options in regard to Buprenorphine.
- Understand the phases of Treatment in MAT.
- Distinguish about the Drug tests involved with OTP’s.
- Learn about the special needs population as it relates to MAT.
- Learn how to use ASAM in assessing patients for MAT.
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 2
- Duration 4 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 4
- Assessments Yes